International Conference on Recent Advances in Presentation of Academic Results via Computer-human Interfaces
March 4th, 2009(co-located with the EWSCS '09)
The rapidly growing multitude of recent developments in academic advances is leading inevitably to explosive research activities in a variety of fruitful areas. Without doubt, the one and only main field that is shaping the post-contemporary scientific arena is that of computer-human interaction and innovative user interface solutions.
As the most recent discoveries of the esteemed Dr. Wryzhkhatofowski indicate, we are currently on the verge of a deep unified theory. This year's International Conference on Recent Advances in Presentation of Academic Results via Computer-human Interfaces is meant to bridge the final gap, by converging specialists in innovative visual data presentation, high-performance UI and advanced academic slideology.
The conference intends to cover all aspects of the abovementioned research areas. The potential topics include, but are not limited to nor restricted by:
- The Venn Diagram - Past, Present and Future
- Advances in Slide Animation Techniques and Transition Effects
- Algebraic Attacks from the Slide Stream
- Efficient reductions from ODP to PPT
- Ethical Implications of In-vitro Testing of Presentation Slides
- Industrial Applications of the Laser Pointer
- Information-Misinformation Equilibria
- Monte-Carlo Pie Chart Generation
- Novel Applications of the Triple-Click Paradigm: The Radio Button vs The Combo Box
- Provably Oblivious Presentations (POP)
- Semantic Analysis of Multicolor Slides
- Women and Cute Animals in Data Visualizations
- Transitioning Into a Brighter Slide
The conference website is: http://crapcon.1337-research.com/2009/
Also, check out the conference introductory trailer.
Call for Presentations
Researchers and active presentitioners are welcome to submit their most recent results in the form of an oral presentation given at the conference site in front of the worldwide iCRAP community.
The presentation duration is expected to fail in the range of 2 to 15 minutes.
Conference VenueThe conference will be hosted in the restaurant of Park Hotel Palmse.
Preliminary ScheduleMarch 4th (Wednesday)
|19:00 - 20:30||Conference dinner|
|20:45 - 20:50||Opening|
|20:50 - 21:25||Plenary session|
|21:25 - 21:50||Student session|
|21:50 - 22:00||Closing|
- Ms. Liina Kamm, M.Sc.
- Mr. Dan Bogdanov, M.Sc.
- Mr. Sven Laur, M.Sc. (Dr.Tech.)
- Mr. Vesal Vojdani, M.Sc. (Dipl.Inf.)
- Mr. Konstantin Tretyakov, M.Sc. (F.Thr.)
Local Organizing Committee
- Tarmo Uustalu
- Varmo Vene
- Peeter Laud
- Helger Lipmaa